1. ― Excuse me, where can I get _____ application form?
― Go to _____ Window 10, please.
A. an; 不填 B. an; the C.不填；不填 D. the; the
2. What the scientist said sounded strange, ______ ,they made sense.
A. therefore B. however C. since D. otherwise
3.To all the famous artists’ surprise, the unknown woman’s two paintings are also on show in the art exhibition.
A. little blue oil B. blue little oil C. oil blue little D. little oil blue
4. — Let’s discuss the question raised last night, shall we?
— There is no hurry for that. I A. headed B. was heading C. am heading D. have headed
5. John didn’t choose
A. many B. either C. all D. any
6. We hope the measures to control prices, are taken by the government, will succeed.
A. as B. when C. since D. after
7. His family members gave some examples of _________ his drinking and smoking had affected the family.
A. that B. what C. how D. whether
8. It is known to us all E-mail is______ efficient than sending a fax.
A. much B. many C. more much D. much more 9. It rained for two weeks, completely _______ our holiday.学科网
A. ruined B. ruin C. to ruin D. ruining学科
you make such a big noise while your baby sister is sleeping?
A. must B. would C. should D. may
11. _____ the Hope Project was carried out in this poor area, students here had no access to education.
A. Once B. As C. Before D. After
12. — I don’t think we have met before.
— Yes, once at a party, but we _______.
A. didn’t introduce B. weren’t introduced
C. haven’t introduced D. weren’t introducing
13. We rushed to the football court, only to see a sign _____ into the ground reading PERIODIC MAINTENANCE (定期维修).
A. knocked B. knocking C. to be knocked D. being knocked
14. —Did you see who the driver was?
—No, so quickly_________ that I couldn’t get a good look at his face.
A. does the car speed by B. the car sped by
C. did the car speed by D. the car speeds by
15. Eliza remembers everything exactly as if it ______ yesterday.
A. was happening B. happens C. has happened D. happened
1．We keep in touch _____ writing often. A. with B. of C. on D. by
2．— Which of the two computer games did you prefer?
— Actually I didn’t likeA. both B. either C. none D. neither
3．He wanted to read more, so he asked his friend if there was _____ to read.
A. something easy enough B. something enough easy
C. enough easy something D. easy enough something
4. Old as the car is, _____ it works quite well.
A. but B. yet C. so D. however
5. — They are quiet, aren’t they?
—Yes. They are used ________ at meals.
A. to talk B. to not talk C. to talking D. to not talking
6. We first met on a train in 2000. We both felt immediately that we ______ each other for years.
A. knew B. have known C. had known D. know
7. —How did you do in the test?
—Not so well. I _____ much better but I misread the directions for Part D.
A. could do B. could have done C. must have done D. should do
8. We must do something to stop factories _____waste water into the river before it is cleaned.
A. pouring B. to pour C. poured D. being poured
9. —May I go and play with Dick this afternoon, Mum?
—No, you can’t go out _______ your work is being done.
A. before B. until C. as D. the moment
10. The telephone _______, but by the time I got indoors, it stopped.
A. had rung B. was ringing C. rings D. has rung
11. Mother told Jim to watch the milk until it boiled and then _____ off the gas.
A. turn B. turning C. turned D. having turned
12. The flowers were so lovely that they __________ in no time.
A. sold B. had been sold C. were sold D. would sell
13. No one knows when _______ that boy， but if she does， her parents will be disappointed. A. she will marry B. she marries C. will she marry D. does she marry
14. When he was working there he caught a serious illness from _____ efforts he still suffers.
A. which B. that C. whose D. what
15. A survey of the opinions of experts ______ that three hours of outdoor exercise a week is good for one’s health.
A. show B. shows C. showed D. showing
1.—Have you got any job offers?
—No. I ______.
A. waited B. had been waiting C. have waited D. am waiting
2. If a shop has chairs _______ women can park their men, women will spend more time in the shop.
A. when B. which C. that D. where
3. _____ was most important to her, she told me, was her family.
A. It B. This C. What D. As
4. In many places in China, _____ bicycle is still _____ poplar means of transportation.
A. a; the B. /; a C. the; a D. the; the
5. Don't have your children _____ for hours reading books in so dark a room.
A. sitting B. sit C. to be sitting D. to sit
6. He made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation _______ it got worse.
A. until B. when C. before D. as
7. The message is very important, so it is supposed ____ as soon as possible.
A. to be sent B. to send C. being sent D. sending
8. We hope to go to the beach tomorrow, but we won't go ____ it's raining.
A. if B. when C. though D. because
9. The Science Museum, _______ we visited during a recent trip to Britain, is one of London’s tourist attractions.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
10. He _____ football regularly for many years when he was young.
A. was playing B. played C. has played D. had played
11. Every year, when the peach blossoms are at their best, a festival ______ at the Beijing Botanical Garden.
A. is held B. will be held C. held D. holds
12. Fred entered without knocking and, very out of breath, sank _______ a chair.
A. on B. off C. into D. to
13. The English spoken in the United States is only slightly different from ____ spoken in England.
A. which B. what C. that D. the one
14. –Can those ______ at the back of the classroom hear me?
A. are seated B. are sitting C. seated D. sat
15. _______, his idea was accepted by all the people at the meeting.
A. Strange as might it sound B. As it might sound strange
C. As strange it might sound D. Strange as it might sound
( A )
There are many different ways of seeing a town for the first time. One of them is to walk around it, guide-book with our guide-books the history and development of a town and get to know them. in a town for a while, we may get to know it better. When we it as a whole, this, this shape, why?
Here even the best guide-book ’t find in it the information about how a town has developed to the 最初的) of a town. However, one may get some idea of what it look like by walking around the town. One can also imagine the town was first planned and built. Then
What is the of studying towns in the way? For visiting and seeing a town with one’s own eyes. A visit to a town may help one better understand why it is attractive just reading about it in a guide-book.
1. A. in B. at C. by D. on
2. A. write B. study C. tell D. remember
3. A. strange B. similar C. separate D. special
4. A. But B. Before C. Since D. Until
5. A. match B. work C. stay D. wait
6. A. look at B. look after C. look for D. look up
7. A. ideas B. opinions C. feelings D. questions
8. A. of B. for C. like D. as
9. A. open B. run C. begin D. move
10. A. one B. more C. other D. such
11. A. helps B. tricks C. fails D. satisfies
12. A. old B. normal C. first D. present
13. A. capital B. meaning C. design D. change
14. A. used to B. seemed to C. had to D. happened to
15. A. what B. how C. when D. where
16. A. stops B. appears C. starts D. continues
17. A. point B. view C. problem D. difficulty
18. A. nearly B. simply C. generally D. hardly
19. A. costly B. formal C. group D. personal
20. A. from B. than C. through D. with
My ears are recently full of joyous remarks from my friends such as, ―Oh, Beckham is so handsome, so cool, that I can’t help falling in love with him!‖ Or ―What perfect skills he has!‖ Yeah, I agree some degree, though I sometimes do want to ask them how much they Beckham, apart from his appearance and how much they know about football scoring goals. It seems funny that we are crazy for things, with which we are unfamiliar or which we are uncertain, but we all, my friends I, consider this one of life’sWe need these pleasures to brighten up our lives. But that doesn’t amount to craziness nonsense（胡闹）. As an old saying : ―Don’t judge a book by its cover.‖ We should not anything from its appearance. We should all know, it is one’s good character and great contribution that one a star and unforgettable. Therefore we’d better say about Beckham’s good looks.
If we close our eyes, in deep thought, we can find that the things that us to be in truth happy, sad or moved a clear meaning. If we don’t go deeper and just satisfied with superficial（表面的） we will find that we have not really gained anything we realize that and make some changes.
It is believed that thinking and going deeper than before is a sign of great If one day we are willing to go deeper into everything, no matter how much it us, we will finally prove how much we have grown up, how much more sensible, mature, and intelligent we have 1.A. to B. on C. in D. at
2. A. learn from B. learn C. know D. know about
3. A. rather than B. except for C. except D. apart from
4. A. with B. in C. about D. for
5. A. not B. as well as C. rather than D. but
6. A. pleasures B. taste C. sorrow D. regrets
7. A. nor B. and C. or D. or else
8. A. speaks B. talks C. tells D. goes
9.A. take B. judge C. accept D. conclude
10. A. makes B. causes C. builds D. create
11. A. touch B. help C. encourage D. surprise
12. A. taking B. leaving C. falling D. getting
13. A. move B. change C. doubt D. follow
14. A. lack
15. A. in fact
16. A. so
17. A. even if
18. A. joy
19. A. cares
20. A. come
B. have B. indeed B. even though B. although B. progress B. pains B. made C. include C. in a while C. because C. unless C. effort C. worries C. had D. cover D. sooner or later D. although D. if D. work D. minds D. become
I had my first job at the age of thirteen，when a friend of my mother who owned a bookshop hired me for six hours a interfered (干涉) with how I spent it，，spending it，and learning from the I would become more mature (成熟的) and about how to handle work，relationships with others，and money．
Like ，my parents also let me and my brothers do things over which a great deal．When I was sixteen，for example，after I finished high school and before I entered university，I wanted to spend the summer months traveling around ，but my father felt that it would be a great for me．In the end，my father won the on the condition that I limited my traveling to France，my mother’s home，where l had many uncles，could shelter and help if I needed them．
Three years later，my younger brother decided to a year off after his first year in university and travel through the United States and the Caribbean．Again my mother was very worried and not to see my brother leave school，but my father encouraged him and my brother had a(n) year working his way on trains and ships to passage to different ports and cities，and discovering many fascinating places and people．
These kinds of experiences are probably for children in many countries but in the US they are fairly common．Most parents start their children at a young age to do small things by themselves．By the time they have finished high school，many American kids have already had jobs，traveled around the US or other countries on their own，have selected the university they plan to attend and maybe even decided on their future and so on．
1．A．anxious B．content C．proud D．honorable
2．A．never B．ever C．always D．even
3．A．quickly B．foolishly C．seriously D．honestly
4．A．work B．mistakes C．others D．books
5．A．strict B．reasonable C．polite D．responsible
6．A．American B．Japanese C．Chinese D．British
7．A．helped B．supported C．shared D．worried
8．A．Asia B．Africa C．Europe D．Oceania
9．A．journey B．experience C．chance D. possibility
10．A．argument B．game C．discussion D. plan
11．A．send out B．give out C．carry out D．spread out
12．A．promise B．afford C．provide D．serve
13．A．leave B．make C．take． D. prepare
14．A．angry B．eager C．sorry D．sad
15．A．unusual B．hard C．strange D．busy
16．A．accept B．earn C．find D．search
17．A．welcome B．fit C．necessary D．rare
18．A．bringing B．forcing C．pushing D．protecting
19．A．part-time B．full-time C．good D．well-paid
20．A．life B．career C．hope D．benefit
Scientists find that hard-working people live longer than average men and women. Career women are than housewives, Evidence（证据） shows are in poorer health than the job-holders. A study shows that the unemployment rate increases by 1%, the death rate increases correspondingly（相应地）one point: Work is helpful to health.
Many high achievers who love their careers feel that they are happiest when they are working hard. Work serves （集体的） activity, they find friendship and warmth. the loss of everything. It affects man spiritually and makes him liable to（易于）11 .
, work gives one a sense of fulfillment （充实感）finishes his writing or a doctor successfully words .
From the above we can come to the conclusion the more you work, you will be. Let us work hard, 1. A. stronger B. healthier C. weaker D. worse
2. A. career women B. the busy C. the jobless D. the hard-working
3. A. whenever B. whether C. though D. since
4. A. comes down to B. equals to C. adds up to D. amounts to
5. A. out of B. off C. in touch with D. away from
6. A. interested B. tired C. concerned D. worried
7. A. busy B. free C. lazy D. empty
8. A. a river B. a gap C. a channel D. a bridge
9. A. come across B. come into contact with
C. look down upon D. watch over
10. A. means B. stands C. equals D. matches
11. A. success B. death C. victory D. disease
12. A. Besides B. Nevertheless C. However D. Yet
13. A. disappointment B. achievement C. regret D. apology
14. A. a worker B. a farmer C. a writer D. a manager
15. A. manages B. controls C. operates on D. deals with
16. A. raise B. grow C. rise D. increase
17. A. in B. without C. at D. beyond
18. A. that B. which C. what D. when
19. A. the lonelier and weaker B. lonelier and weaker
C. happier and healthier D. the happier and healthier
20. A. study B. exercise C. rest D. think
Long, long ago，human beings used to walk barefooted．A king happened to travel ．He was greatly troubled by the rugged (崎岖的) where gravel (碎石) and broken stones pricked (使刺痛) and numbed (使麻木) his __3 ．When he returned to his palace he issued an order that all the roads be 4 with cattle hide (牛皮)．He walking would no longer be a painful thing．
But all cattle in the kingdom were killed there not be enough hide to get the work done．Evidently it was a stupid As it was an imperial order people could do nothing but shake their heads and ．At this juncture a to make a suggestion．＂Your Majesty，why don’t take an easier way? You don’t have to mobilize so many people，to have so many oxen killed，What you have to do is simply to cover each of your feet with a piece of hide.＂Surprised and ，the king immediately changed his mind and adopted the
to be the origin of using leather to make shoes．Though it sounds and strange，it inspires us to think．It is much easier to change than to change the world．So it will be much better for one to change oneself before one an attempt to change the outer world．Why don’t try to put yourself on the of the person you deal with? You will find it easier to solve a problem you change your way of thinking．
1．A．much B．a great deal C．far
2．A．paths B．roads C．ways
3．A．body B．arms C．feet
4．A．crowded B．filled C．covered
5．A．available B．beneficial C．accessible
6．A．hoped B．thought C．commanded
7．A．if B．even if C．as long as
8．A．would B．should C．must D．a lot D．tracks D．1egs D．put D．comfortable D．predicted D．when D．may