Module 11 Unit 3 Reading
1. Choose the best answer:
(1) Sir Clive Sinclair is _____.
A. an American businessman and inventor B. a British businessman and investor
D. a man fond of business and investment
(2) What caused his first company to close?
A. Its products looking unusual. C. The high prices of its products. D. Its poor management
(3) The first product he made and which sold very well was _____.
B. the digital watch
C. the ZX80 computer D. the pocket TV
(4) Which of the following about Sinclair is NOT true?
A. He was born into an engineering family.
B. He was good at making little things.
C. He made it possible for ordinary people to afford electronic goods.
(5) His success was due to _____.
A. his confidence and determination B. his confidence and intelligence
D. his determination and confidence
2. Complete the table below:
4. Fill in the blanks in the following sentences with the words or phrases from the box above: i. The new musical （音乐剧）“Porter fever” around the globe.