Warming up and reading教学设计方案
1. Get the students to know the information about the United Kingdom.
2. Encourage the students to talk out what they know about the UK and Ireland.
3. Help the students learn to get information by listening.
Teaching Difficult Points：
1. Make students fully understand the text and analyze the structure of the text.
2. Get Ss to summarize the general knowledge they learned about the UK in class.
1. Skimming & scanning methods to make the Ss get a good understanding of the text.
2. Discussion methods to make the Ss understand what they’ve learned in class.
3. Pair work of group to get every student to take part in the teaching-and-learning activities.
Step One: Lead in
Ask Ss the question “Where will the 2012 Olympic Games be held?”.
Get the answer: London
Step Two: Warming up
Show Ss some pictures of the United Kingdom and ask them some questions about the UK. Then Check the answers to the quiz. Introduce the UK by showing pictures while Ss giving the correct answers.
Step Three: Reading:
Q: What are the four countries of the UK ?
What are the capital cities of the countries of the UK?
What are the three main areas in England?
Get Ss to come up to tell their location on the map ( showed on screen)
Scan the text and match the following.
Divide the passage into three parts and write down the main ideas of each part.
Answer the questions.
Step Four: comprehending
1. Complete the sentences using the words in the box.
2. Answer the questions.
Step Five: Discussion
Can you work out why London is the capital of England, Great Britain and the UK?
Step Six: Test
Put each town or city into its correct zone according to the reading text.
Read the text again and find out some words, expressions and sentence structure that seem difficult to you.