1. Tom, Please pass ________ the glasses. I want to read the newspapers.
A. you B. me C. him D. her
2. The English novel is quite easy for you. There are ______ new words in it.
A. a little B. little C. a few D. few
3. ---Which do you prefer, a bottle of orange or a bottle of milk?
---______________, thanks. I’d like a cup of tea.
A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None
4 ---Oh! I came in a hurry and forgot to bring food.
---Never mind. You can have ________.
A. us B. ours C. you D. yours
5. ---Can I come this evening or tomorrow morning?
---_______ is OK. I’m free today and tomorrow.
A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. None
6. ---How are you going to improve _______ this term?
---Work harder than last term.
A. ourselves B. myself C. himself D. yourself
7. ---Could you tell me _______ she is looking for?
---Her cousin, Susan.
A. that B. whose C. who D. which
8. ---Do you live by yourself, Mr Wang?
---Yes. I have two sons. But ______ of them lives with me. They are now studying in
A. neither B. both C. none D. either
9. We decided to go for a field trip with some friends of _______.
A. us B. our C. ours D. ourselves
10. You forgot your dictionary? You may have _______.
A. me B. my C. mine D. myself
11. This is ______ classroom. Where is _______?
A. our; them B. us; they C. our; theirs D. ours; theirs
1. This is not my pencil-box. _______ ( I ) is in the bag.
2. Help ______ (you) to some fruit, Jack.
3. ---Who taught your brother to surf?
---Nobody. He learnt all by _______ (he).
4. Their English teacher is from America, but ______ (we) is from England.
5. Mary’s answer is different from ________ ( I ).
6. ---My watch keeps good time. What about _______(you)?
---Mine? Oh, two minutes slow.
7. Sam is my brother. Do you like to play with ______ (he)?
8. Did you enjoy _______ (you), Mary and Kate?
( ) 1 John___ come to see us tonight, but he isn't very sure yet.
A. may B. can C. has to D. must
( ) 2 They ___ do well in the exam.
A. can be able to B. be able to C. can able to D. are able to
( ) 3 -May I take this book out? -No, you___.
A. can't B. may not C. needn't D. aren't
( ) 4 You___ go and see a doctor at once because you're got a fever.
A. can B. must C. dare D. would
( ) 5 -Can you speak Japanese? No, I____.
A. mustn't B. can't C. needn't D. may not
( ) 6 -He___ be in the classroom, I think.
-No, he ___ be in the classroom. I saw him go home a minute ago.
A. can; may not B. must; may not C. may; can't D. may; mustn't
( ) 7 -Shall I get one more cake for you, Dad? -Thanks, but you___, I've had enough.
A. may not B. must not C. can't D. needn't
( be very difficult.
A. may B. must C. can D. need
( ) 9 The children___ play football on the road. It’s very dangerous.
A. can't B. can C. mustn't D. must
( ) 10 You ___ be late for school again next time.
A. mustn't B. needn't C. don't have to D. don't need to
( )11 -Must I do my homework at once? -No, you___.
A. needn't B. mustn't C. can't D. may not
( ) 12 His arm is all right. He___ go and see the doctor.
A. has not to B. don't have to C. haven't to D. doesn't have to
( ) 13You'd better___late next time.
A. not to be B. not be C. won't be D. don't be
( ) 14 You___ ask that man over there. Maybe he knows the way.
A. had better not to B. had not better C. had better D. had better not
( )15 -Why don't you ask Mike to go with us? -Thanks, ___.
A. I will B. I won't C.I can D. I may
( ) 16 -___ I take the newspaper away? -No, you mustn't . You____read it only here.
A. Must; can B. May; can C. Need; must D. Must; must
( ) 17 Excuse me. ___ you please pass me that cup?
A. Do B. Should C. Would D. Must
( ) 18 ___ you like to have another try?
A. Could B. Will C. Would D. Do
( ) 19-Would you like to go boating with us? -Yes, ___.
A. I'd like B. I want C. I'd like to D. I do
( ) 20 You___ worry about your son. He will get well soon.
A. needn't B. can't C. mustn't D. have to